I was tagged to do this post by Galit over at Coffee n Notes. Go and over visit, you won’t regret it. 🙂
- No cheating. (It must be your first post. Not your second post, not one you love… The first post only).
- Link back to the person who tagged you (thank them if you feel like it or, if not, curse them with a plague of ladybugs).Cut and paste your old post into a new post or reblog your own bad self. (Either way is fine but NO editing.)
- Put the hashtag #MyFirstPostRevisited in your title.
- Tag…um…ten two twelve five (5) other bloggers to take up this challenge.
- Notify your tags in the comment section of their blog (don’t just hope they notice a pingback somewhere in their spam).
- Feel free to cut and paste the badge to use in your post.
- Include “the rules” in your post.
So, as per the rules, this is my first post
Life is short. Sometimes it sucks. Sometimes it’s really not fair. I’ve had that pointed out to me in a pretty awful way these past couple of weeks.
So I’m taking the plunge and doing something I’ve been meaning to do for a while. Start this blog. I don’t really know what I’m doing. I’m figuring it out as I go. Kind of like life.
I’m a writer, mostly of fantasy fiction. I love to read. And I dream of a better future and better world. I live in imaginary worlds most of the time, and these I commit to paper. I’ve been doing it since I was a child, and I don’t ever intend to stop.
I’ll be posting things about writing, some short stories, and about my reading life too. I don’t get enough of that done…
I love history, so a lot of my fantasy stories are based in some way on historical periods, so some of my research may make its way on here as well.
I listen to a lot of music. Sometimes I can’t get enough of it, though I like silence while I’m actually writing. Which is a shame, because that leaves me torn between listening to music and writing – so I use it as a reward system. Get my writing done, listen to music.
Anyway. That’s me. Fantasy writer. Fantasy reader (and most other things as well). Dreamer of big things that I’ll probably never see come to pass – but then that’s the point of dreaming isn’t it? That’s why we write, to create the worlds in our minds that don’t exist.
Okay. Ramble over.
Wow, this blog hasn’t become what I really had in mind. Not that I really had much in mind at that time. My, how times have changed.
Now, I suck at nominations, so I’m going to be a rule-breaker and challenge anyone who wants to give this a go. So, if you’re reading, consider yourself tagged. 🙂