This week’s #blogbattle word prompt is eye. This is run by Rachael Ritchey over on her blog Writing Rachael Ritchey
. I encourage you to check out her blog, and this challenge.
1. 1000 words max
2. fictional tale (or true if you really want)
3. PG (no more than PG-13) Content – let’s keep this family friendly! (this week will be difficult, I know. That’s a somewhat violent word! Remember, use your imagination. 🙂 )
4. Your story must contain the word(s) from the theme and/or be centered around the theme in a way that shows it is clearly related
5. Go for the entertainment value!
6. Use the hashtag #BlogBattle, put a link back to your #BlogBattle Short Story in the comments section of this post
, and/or include a link to this post in your own blog post (it creates a “ping-back” which will alert me and our friends to your #BlogBattle post)7. Have fun!
As I said I would do in a comment to a reader, I have added an option to the menu above to a page that lists all the Winter #blogbattle story.
I decided to do something a little different this week. Call it inspiration or an adventurous spirit, or both. 🙂 I’m hoping it turns out to be different in a good way.
Here’s my entry for this week:
Through Her Eyes
Comes and goes
Sparkles and shimmers
Through her eyes
The world is endless
A cycle that can’t be stopped
Her eyes glimmer
Sparkle and shimmer
Like the ice she spreads around
The world sleeps
Waiting and resting
Under Winter’s spell
Spring will come
Winter will rest
Until she is needed again
“That’s good,” Winter said, “I like it.”
“Really?” Layla lowered her printed out poem. “You really like it ?”
“I really do. It makes me sound elegant.” She smiled. “Thank you for writing it.”
Layla leaned back into the sofa, content.